Cocos2d-JS v3.0 Final release note¶
Cross platforms developers can use Cocos Console to create projects, boost their development with web version engine and deploy games onto all native platforms and all browsers with Cocos Console.
Casual web game developers can download the Lite Version and start to develop just like using other web frameworks (e.g. jQuery).
- One code base, run everywhere with unified Cocos2d-JS API.
- Assets manager for assets and scripts hot update.
- Added new event manager to allow all kinds of objects to observe all event types.
- Added Spine animations support.
For JSB build, there are some restrictions :
- [Android build] NDK version must be r9d
- [iOS build] Xcode version must be 5.1.1 +
- Cocos2d-JS v3.0 Final
- Cocos2d-JS v3.0 Lite Version
- Online API reference
- Downloadable API Reference
- Online test cases
Read more about all the features and bug fixes
About Cocos2d family¶
- Cocos2d-JS v3.0 uses Cocos2d-x 3.2 final as base of JSB solution
- Cocos2d-JS v3.0 is compatible with Cocos Code IDE v1.0.0 RC2+
- Cocos2d-JS v3.0 is compatible with Cocos Studio v1.2 - v220.127.116.11
With any problems you might have, our communities are happy to help:
Cocos2d-JS have greatly simplified cross platform development. For the next step, we will focus on improving performance on mobile web, toolchain enhancement and completing documentation. Here is a list of main tasks we consider to accomplish in v3.1 :
- The research for performance improvement on Web engine have already made great progress, the new renderer for canvas render mode is ready and will be merged in v3.1. The performance is upto 50% better than v3.0 based on various tests.
- Continue the research of memory model in JSB, improve the stability and simplify the usage.
- Complete the Cocos2d-JS Programming Guide document to cover all important aspects about Cocos2d-JS development.