Cocos2d-x Application Wizard for Visual Studio User Guide¶
- Cocos2d-x Application Wizard for Visual Studio User Guide
- Cocos2d-x-win32’s project can be generated by Wizard.
- Wizard supports Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Visual C2008 Express and Visual C** 2010 Express* .
1. Frist of all, get the cocos2d-x source code from github¶
- ** Source archive here: ]
- Source code repository here: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x
2. Build Cocos2d-x Solution¶
- Run the Build-win32.bat script, which adapts vc2008 or vc2010 automatically, to build the solution,
- or open cocos2d-win32 sln file and build the solution in IDE.
- The cocos2d-win32.vc2008.sln is the vc2008 solution for win32.
- The cocos2d-win32.vc2010.sln is the vc2010 solution for win32.
- Confirm the binary target.(example with win32)
- Cocos2d-win32 binary in the folder named Debug.win32 or Release.win32;
- Cocos2d-wohone binary in PRJ_TG3\LIB\Win32Lib.
- Run HelloWorld and tests(example with win32)
- Install the cocos2d-x application wizard to Micro Soft Visual C*+ development environment
- Run install-templates-msvc.bat to install the cocos2d-x application wizard automatically.
- The script files for each msvc IDE in the directory:** .
* The script whose name with the suffix “Express” is used to install wizard for virsual c*+ express version.¶
4. Add a New Application Project¶
Warning: If you want to create a project in your own solution, modify the project Output Directory property, and replace the value “\$(SolutionDir” with "..
5. Build and Run the New Cocos2d-x Project¶